Focus Charity: La Maison des Femmes
- One in three women has been a victim of violence in the world
- In France, a woman dies every three days under the blows of her spouse
- 40% of cases of domestic violence begin during the first pregnancy
- 7% of women will be raped during their lifetime
- 86% of rapes or attempts are perpetrated by relatives
- 720 million girls are victims of early marriages
- Nearly 130 million women have been excised
- 3.6 billion euros per year: this is the cost of violence against women, in terms of social assistance, care and production capacity
Against these overwhelming numbers, a team of health professionals wanted to provide a practical, pragmatic response: inaugurated in June 2016, at the entrance to the Delafontaine Hospital Center, the Women's House welcomes all vulnerable women or victims of violence in my hometown of Saint-Denis (93). Open directly on the street, it offers a confidential and secure welcome.
From giving access to contraception to providing abortion, giving care around for a excision, a rape or physical or psychological violence, in the family, conjugal or other frame, the teams offer the most adapted care and the more current.
A large network of partners and various associations allow them to redirect patients according to their needs, while giving priority to coordinating their journey.
For more information, don't hesitate to visit their website: